The Defender provides criminal record expungement services for our adult and juvenile clients.
Adult Record Expungement
An expungement is an order that requires state and local criminal justice agencies to erase something from a record. To be eligible for our services you must:
- Have an ADULT criminal record in Philadelphia (we cannot handle cases in other counties or states). If you have a juvenile record and you want to see if it can be expunged, please call 267-765-6770, or visit our Juvenile Expungement page
- Have been represented by the Defender Association in your matter(s)
- Not have any open cases or currently be supervised on probation or parole.
If you want to get your adult criminal record expunged:
- You can send us an email: Expungement@philadefender.org; or
- fill out the expungement request form on our website here
Juvenile Record Expungement
Expungement request are the primary request from our Philadelphia community. At every community event we attend we offer one-on-one expungement clinics with our staff attorneys. In 2019 alone, we filed 405 new expungement petitions and saw 438 of our petitions granted by the courts.
If you have questions about an expungement you can:
- Call us at 267-765-6770;
- email us at CYJ_Expungements@philadefender.org; or
- Fill out the online juvenile expungement request form on our website here